This recipe makes a large quantity, great for canning or sharing with loved ones! About 6 pints
- 10 cups chopped cored peeled SLG Cherokee tomatoes (about 25 medium)
- 5 cups chopped seeded green bell pepper (about 4 large)
- 5 cups chopped onions (about 6 to 8 medium)
- 2 ½ cups chopped seeded jalapenos (about 13 medium)
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 TB salt
- Combine all ingredients listed above in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high
heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring frequently, until slightly
thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Cool & enjoy!
- If canning, there are great tutorials online about the correct process to follow for safe food
preservation. Here is the link we drawn inspiration from: Canning Salsa 101
Nutrition & Inspiration:
A fruit that’s often mistakenly called (and prepared like) a vegetable, tomatoes offer fiber,
vitamin C, potassium, folate, vitamins B & E and antioxidants called flavonoids, may boost your
heart health, too!